I make an export (text) file and backup file every night.  Getting them off
the device you can push or pull.  Currently I have 3 different flavors
running on my system

1. Pull file via FTP using a program like PyroFTP

2. Push files from device to FTP server

3. Push files from device via e-mail


 



-- 
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:[email protected]

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at Please Donate at http://www.myakkatech.com/RFL.html
------

Friday, July 3, 2015, 1:20:16 PM, you wrote:

TOGs> I see a whole lot of options out there with scripts using
TOGs> mail, etc. Waht works well, whats cumbersome, simplified is
TOGs> good, alerting on backups not taking place is better.


TOGs> As best i can tell, if you do backup to a backup file,
TOGs> that can only be restored to the same device, or am I
TOGs> misunderstanding that?


TOGs> I thought the dude could pull backups, but Im not seeing it anywhere in 
documentation


TOGs> I dont mind a combination of text config for reference and full backup 
file.


TOGs> In all likely hood a disaster restore would go to the
TOGs> same model, I just dont want the backup file restoring the
TOGs> original device MAC addresses


TOGs> We have a linux backup server that pulls backups from
TOGs> fortigates and imagestreams, but its a cumbersome process that I
TOGs> dont really monitor anymore




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection 
is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Reply via email to