I would have suggest Observium, but....
Many are looking at LibreNMS as it is a fork of Observium before he went off the deep end. There's also NetXMS. My friend Tomas has been making how-to videos for NetXMS. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkE_AGQZL9BVQs_3BzjIp1A/playlists ----- Mike Hammett Intelligent Computing Solutions http://www.ics-il.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Keefe John" <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 2:10:24 PM Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik automated backup options like what? On 7/3/2015 12:31 PM, Mike Hammett wrote: A comprehensive monitoring system that includes Rancid is the best way to go. ----- Mike Hammett Intelligent Computing Solutions http://www.ics-il.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "That One Guy /sarcasm" <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 12:20:16 PM Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik automated backup options I see a whole lot of options out there with scripts using mail, etc. Waht works well, whats cumbersome, simplified is good, alerting on backups not taking place is better. As best i can tell, if you do backup to a backup file, that can only be restored to the same device, or am I misunderstanding that? I thought the dude could pull backups, but Im not seeing it anywhere in documentation I dont mind a combination of text config for reference and full backup file. In all likely hood a disaster restore would go to the same model, I just dont want the backup file restoring the original device MAC addresses We have a linux backup server that pulls backups from fortigates and imagestreams, but its a cumbersome process that I dont really monitor anymore -- If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.
