We use a script which sends the backup file to an e-mail account, but yes, 
using the backup file can be tricky if the hardware is different, because the 
port numbers won’t match up. To get around that, I also wrote a script which 
uses export to list which addresses are on each port, and that also gets 
e-mailed to the backup e-mail account.

 

That basically works out to a text config companion to the backup file.

 

-       Darren

 

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 12:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik automated backup options

 

I see a whole lot of options out there with scripts using mail, etc. Waht works 
well, whats cumbersome, simplified is good, alerting on backups not taking 
place is better.

 

As best i can tell, if you do backup to a backup file, that can only be 
restored to the same device, or am I misunderstanding that?

 

I thought the dude could pull backups, but Im not seeing it anywhere in 
documentation

 

I dont mind a combination of text config for reference and full backup file.

 

In all likely hood a disaster restore would go to the same model, I just dont 
want the backup file restoring the original device MAC addresses

 

We have a linux backup server that pulls backups from fortigates and 
imagestreams, but its a cumbersome process that I dont really monitor anymore


 

-- 

If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as 
part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.

Reply via email to