I think the FSB is very specific to a set of radios that were identified as improperly assembled. I had one 5GHz 450 SM show the ADI communication failure. And a 3.6GHz SM show RF calibration failure. Both rebooted with ADI force resets. Both not on the list. Cambium RMA'd them without too many questions.

FYI. Maybe it's related, maybe not. I found some new SMs that had a few solder balls rattling around in the cases, but they work fine.

On 9/9/2015 9:21 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
I have seen 2 out of around 100 suddenly exhibit the ADI Communications Failure after about a month in service, neither was on the serial number list. So a 2 day burn-in may help but you won’t be bullet-proof. We’ve only seen it on 5 GHz SMs, but we use a lot more 5 GHz than 3.65 GHz, and no 2.4 GHz. No apparent correlation with any environmental conditions like hot or stormy weather that could have precipitated it. Worst case will be it fails intermittently and the new customer just thinks your service is really unreliable. One of the 2 failures we saw was intermittent, rebooting for several hours, then registered for several hours, then rebooting again, no rhyme or reason. At least if it fails hard, they will call.
*From:* Tushar Patel <mailto:tpa...@ecpi.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 09, 2015 8:48 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Field Service Bulletin - PMP 450 SM
We had 9 failures in 50 we ordered, those were not listed in the unit serial numbers. What we are doing now is running radios in the office for at least two days before we send out and we are seeing these failures in the office. Even after doing that today we had one fail which was 1 hr drive from the office and it was new customer too, installed last week. This gives us bad reputation and cost us lot too. So whatever the root cause mentioned in the email, if it was identified but did not include the batch we got, so something is not adding up still.
I really hope cambium gets to the bottom of these quickly.
Tushar