A few notes on grounding and lightning that are worth peaking at:

“Florida 911 Center Upgrades Lightning Protection System for Maximum Safety”
http://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/pq/casestudy/florida911.html
<http://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/pq/casestudy/florida911.html>

"Proper Copper Grounding Systems Stops Lightning Damage at Nebraska FM Station"
http://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/pq/casestudy/nebraska.html
<http://www.copper.org/applications/electrical/pq/casestudy/nebraska.html>

Sincerely,
Joshaven Potter