This was my round about plan to it. If you open the box it's only a few
screws to remove the power supply. From there we where able to plug in
directly to the board at 24v. I tested with a 5 AMP AD-155B because that is
what I had around. I can try to clamp it with my amp meter but I am almost
positive it pulls less then a amp idling so it would not be worth it. I
highly recommend fusing it low (maybe a couple of amps) to be safe.