Active just use a big-assed switch with lots of SFP ports and media converters
at the houses.

I prefer Calix but it is not the cheapest thing out there.  I know others have
tried to save money by using Adtran or Chinese gear and have not been happy.

From: Andreas Wiatowski
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 5:53 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Active or GPon?

Hi all,

Looking to do my first ftth for about 110 homes.
If I do active,  what switch platform would you use for sfp in cabinet and in
home router/cabinet.

If GPon,  what vendor would you choose that is cost effective/reliable

I understand the full limitations of GPon.. But I feel it is an attractive
proposition compared to active... And the few systems I have seen have a road
map to faster olt access.

Cheers,

Andreas Wiatowski | CEO

Silo Wireless Inc.

Email  andr...@silowireless.com

19 Sage Court

Brantford, Ontario N3R 7T4 (CANADA)

Tel +1.519.449.5656  Extension-600|Fax +1.519.449.5536 |Toll Free
+1.866.727.4138