With 18 dB of aggregate antenna gain it will.  

From: Kurt Fankhauser 
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:41 AM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 5150-5250 rules

Will the EPMP actually output 36db EIRP in 5150mhz-5250mhz? If so thats news to 
me.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Josh Luthman <[email protected]> 
wrote:

  epmp? 

  5.1 is 18dbm tx max power, 36 eirp
  5.7 is 23dbm tx max power, 36 eirp

  I believe...



  Josh Luthman
  Office: 937-552-2340
  Direct: 937-552-2343
  1100 Wayne St
  Suite 1337
  Troy, OH 45373


  On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Kurt Fankhauser <[email protected]> 
wrote:

    Josh, 

    If I remember correctly doesnt the EPMP have some really low legal TX power 
on 5150-5250 though? Even though the rules allow for higher EIRP in that band? 
I think that was done to make the EPMP pass the strict OOBE requirements for 
5150-5250. I wonder if the 450i is able to run higher power in that band 
because of better components? If so that would be worth the price difference to 
some...

    On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Josh Luthman 
<[email protected]> wrote:

      I would expect a purpose built product didn't have a whole lot of OOBE 
problems.  Same company also does Atheros radios and they're $100 a piece. 

      I'd guess the problem is that the hardware they built depends on 
components that don't extend that wide range of frequencies.  It's like if you 
made one product versus a million, cost per unit goes way down.



      Josh Luthman
      Office: 937-552-2340
      Direct: 937-552-2343
      1100 Wayne St
      Suite 1337
      Troy, OH 45373


      On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Kurt Fankhauser 
<[email protected]> wrote:

        Is that why the 450i SM is so expensive because of the strict OOBE 
requirements in 5150-5250mhz?

        On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Josh Luthman 
<[email protected]> wrote:

          That band is NOT DFS.  It is a bit less power than 5.7.  The pmp450 
SM is super super super expensive to do 5.1 (today; Matt recently said they're 
looking at a solution to this).  Epmp does it at the same price as 5.4 or 5.7.



          Josh Luthman
          Office: 937-552-2340
          Direct: 937-552-2343
          1100 Wayne St
          Suite 1337
          Troy, OH 45373

          On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Craig Schmaderer 
<[email protected]> wrote:

            I know its been talked about a bit, but is this band have no dfs on 
the 450i?  I have been told it has similar power ratings as the 5.8ghz band?  
Can anyone give me the right info.  I need a new PTP link and need to avoid 
dfs.  Also, the PMP 450i running in this band only sm that has 5.1ghz is the 
450i sm right?  Thanks, Craig.



            Craig R. Schmaderer

            CEO | Skywave Wireless, Inc.

            Ph: 402-372-1975 | Fax: 402-372-1058

            Direct: 402-372-1052








Reply via email to