Really? I'm surprised there aren't more places doing things like 'Free beer with your meal' or 'buy some peanuts at $5 a bowl and get a free beer!' but maybe there's already something closing that loophole..

On 2/24/2016 11:34 AM, Cameron Crum wrote:
Obviously check your liquor laws, but in most states you don't need a license if you are giving it away.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    So, become a church...
    *From:* That One Guy /sarcasm <mailto:thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:23 AM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ot buying a salon
    Booze is not a bad idea, i dont know if you can just give it and
    not have a liquor license, but there are no available licenses
    here, i think we get one per church, so we have plenty of bars.
    A clarification on the relationship between the two, its a
    strained familiar relationship due to differences in visions. Both
    parties are more than agreeable to the whole scenario, I met with
    each separately specifically to see what the dynamic was, I didnt
    want to get into a train wreck. The more im learning of the
    details, there were alot of points in time where all it would have
    taken was two people just stopping to talk to one another and the
    disaster would have been avoidable, I think, based on knowing the
    individuals, that had either one of them not been in the
    mother/daughter environment, this would never have happened.
    A poor choice in the failure chain was retail, it got transitioned
    from commission sales to a mechanism the keep the business
    floating. Once that happened two things took place, the chairs saw
    no real benefit in pushing it which was made worse by the fact it
    essentially equated to a pay cut, and the financier partner saw no
    gain in risking bringing in any new retail. In the schooling that
    costs 16k, they drill that into the girls heads, retail, retail,
    retail, without it, all youre offering is a haircut and everybody
    offers a haircut. Thats already been an agreed upon term, the
    return of retail sales comission, and the return of loss leaders,
    they completely eliminated that struggling to float. I was talking
    to a friend of mine last night, she crochets artsy shit like baby
    covers and boob caps, whatever. these things move like hot cakes
    in the salons. We had tried to get them in the salon before, but
    what the owners wanted was to make profit on them to the point it
    wasnt worth it for her to spend the time making them for what they
    wanted to pay, on top of that they wanted to sell them at too much
    markup. This girl doesnt live here, she has a real talent at neat
    stuff. There are two other chics in town that make similar items,
    but their styles are identical to one another, and they sell them
    in all the salons.
    The old lady ended up selling them to other people in a short time
    for her, like crack, ladies love crocheted crack. Id have no
    intention of making profit on them, thats actually an expected
    cost. If i lose 5 bucks on some tit hat, but that client shows it
    to her girlfriend who just needs one as well, and were the only
    joint you can get them, the "staff" has the option to discount
    them even further when the new customer comes in to get one, if
    they can leverage it for a service and new contact capture. Women
    are weird in the crap theyll drive 20 miles to buy, but the chair
    has the option to grow their client base, and the shop gets a new
    marketing contact, thats always worth 5 or 10 bucks "loss".
    I also have an expectation of some loss in inventory to the ether,
    but one thing the daughter wanted but the financier partner
    couldn't justify was surveillance. That will go in day one, the
    chairs will know every corner that can legally be recorded will
    be. If theyre not serious enough about the industry to know that
    theft is a rampant concern, theyre not serious about growing their
    small business, and they can find a chair in another salon. This
    may be a poor attitude as a business owner, but even a high
    revenue generating thief is still a thief, I used to be a thief,
    so i know what kind of trash one is deep inside and i dont want
    them as part of the team. I know a couple of the salon owners
    overlook things. I cant do that. This salon size has potential to
    reach the sales numbers quickly again to where the premium pricing
    comes back, which is something they dont have right now. combine
    sales motivation with a digital retail square app or whatever that
    broads can but some overpriced shampoo and some nifty curling iron
    at a whim on their phone from the bar in the bathroom on their
    night out with friends and theres better pricing for more margin
    to offer as increased commission. The way i see that, if the store
    is making 3 dollars on a bottle of shampoo after commission and
    the pricing gains happen to where theres room for 4 dollars on it
    We can give 50 cents or even the whole dollar to the chairs in
    commission. So a chair that normally moves 3 bottles a week for 9
    bucks is motivated to move more, if they move 4, im still making
    the same amount i would have made if i pocketed the discount as an
    increase in sales, but there not motivated to sell more than 3. Im
    over simplifying it, and probably completely wrong, but thats how
    ive always seen retail with commission, and salon markup is high
    On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Cameron Crum <cc...@wispmon.com