Damn, I guess I need to keep my eyes open for more free beer!

On 2/25/2016 9:04 AM, Cameron Crum wrote:
They do Simon. In fact, there have been several cases where Hooters was opening new locations and their stores became ready before they got through all the legal wranglings for their beer/wine license and they just gave the beer away. However, I'm pretty sure that most places that serve alcohol make most of their profit on it, so it wouldn't be smart to give it away in any volume. I participate in a lot of brewing competitions and we give beer away all day. Many are at established businesses without liqor licenses. Federal law says nothing about giving it away. They just want the tax money if you are selling it.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Simon Westlake <simon@sonar.software <mailto:simon@sonar.software>> wrote:

    Really? I'm surprised there aren't more places doing things like
    'Free beer with your meal' or 'buy some peanuts at $5 a bowl and
    get a free beer!' but maybe there's already something closing that
    loophole..

    On 2/24/2016 11:34 AM, Cameron Crum wrote:
    Obviously check your liquor laws, but in most states you don't
    need a license if you are giving it away.

    On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com
    <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

        So, become a church...
        *From:* That One Guy /sarcasm <mailto:thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
        *Sent:* Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:23 AM
        *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
        *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Ot buying a salon
        Booze is not a bad idea, i dont know if you can just give it
        and not have a liquor license, but there are no available
        licenses here, i think we get one per church, so we have
        plenty of bars.
        A clarification on the relationship between the two, its a
        strained familiar relationship due to differences in visions.
        Both parties are more than agreeable to the whole scenario, I
        met with each separately specifically to see what the dynamic
        was, I didnt want to get into a train wreck. The more im
        learning of the details, there were alot of points in time
        where all it would have taken was two people just stopping to
        talk to one another and the disaster would have been
        avoidable, I think, based on knowing the individuals, that
        had either one of them not been in the mother/daughter
        environment, this would never have happened.
        A poor choice in the failure chain was retail, it got
        transitioned from commission sales to a mechanism the keep
        the business floating. Once that happened two things took
        place, the chairs saw no real benefit in pushing it which was
        made worse by the fact it essentially equated to a pay cut,
        and the financier partner saw no gain in risking bringing in
        any new retail. In the schooling that costs 16k, they drill
        that into the girls heads, retail, retail, retail, without
        it, all youre offering is a haircut and everybody offers a
        haircut. Thats already been an agreed upon term, the return
        of retail sales comission, and the return of loss leaders,
        they completely eliminated that struggling to float. I was
        talking to a friend of mine last night, she crochets artsy
        shit like baby covers and boob caps, whatever. these things
        move like hot cakes in the salons. We had tried to get them
        in the salon before, but what the owners wanted was to make
        profit on them to the point it wasnt worth it for her to
        spend the time making them for what they wanted to pay, on
        top of that they wanted to sell them at too much markup. This
        girl doesnt live here, she has a real talent at neat stuff.
        There are two other chics in town that make similar items,
        but their styles are identical to one another, and they sell
        them in all the salons.
        The old lady ended up selling them to other people in a short
        time for her, like crack, ladies love crocheted crack. Id
        have no intention of making profit on them, thats actually an
        expected cost. If i lose 5 bucks on some tit hat, but that
        client shows it to her girlfriend who just needs one as well,
        and were the only joint you can get them, the "staff" has the
        option to discount them even further when the new customer
        comes in to get one, if they can leverage it for a service
        and new contact capture. Women are weird in the crap theyll
        drive 20 miles to buy, but the chair has the option to grow
        their client base, and the shop gets a new marketing contact,
        thats always worth 5 or 10 bucks "loss".
        I also have an expectation of some loss in inventory to the
        ether, but one thing the daughter wanted but the financier
        partner couldn't justify was surveillance. That will go in
        day one, the chairs will know every corner that can legally
        be recorded will be. If theyre not serious enough about the
        industry to know that theft is a rampant concern, theyre not
        serious about growing their small business, and they can find
        a chair in another salon. This may be a poor attitude as a
        business owner, but even a high revenue generating thief is
        still a thief, I used to be a thief, so i know what kind of
        trash one is deep inside and i dont want them as part of the
        team. I know a couple of the salon owners overlook things. I
        cant do that. This salon size has potential to reach the
        sales numbers quickly again to where the premium pricing
        comes back, which is something they dont have right now.
        combine sales motivation with a digital retail square app or
        whatever that broads can but some overpriced shampoo and some
        nifty curling iron at a whim on their phone from the bar in
        the bathroom on their night out with friends and theres
        better pricing for more margin to offer as increased
        commission. The way i see that, if the store is making 3
        dollars on a bottle of shampoo after commission and the
        pricing gains happen to where theres room for 4 dollars on it
        We can give 50 cents or even the whole dollar to the chairs
        in commission. So a chair that normally moves 3 bottles a
        week for 9 bucks is motivated to move more, if they move 4,
        im still making the same amount i would have made if i
        pocketed the discount as an increase in sales, but there not
        motivated to sell more than 3. Im over simplifying it, and
        probably completely wrong, but thats how ive always seen
        retail with commission, and salon markup is high
        On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Cameron Crum