Most of the hams I have encountered around here are either (a) way too old to
have a day job at Jiffy Lube, or (b) their day job is for government emergency
services anyway.  I suppose my experience may be atypical.

From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 6:50 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Tessco Show

Bitter over what exactly?
I guess I don't understand how you can possibly think that one industry full of
professionals is so vastly populated by inept morons while your industry is
completely exempt from such vast incompetence.
Do you truly believe that somebody can run a better ISP than you simply because
they don't get paid?You take money for your services, I guess that means you're
not good at your job? It makes no sense. The entire premise of the argument
that being paid to do a job automatically makes you bad at it is flawed. If we
were in Sub Saharan Africa trying to get some comm up where there was none I
would be 100% in your corner since the alternative is nothing. I just don't see
how you think you can install, maintain, and operate a first rate
communications system supported by a bunch of people who have to wait till they
get off work from Jiffy Lube to address system issues. Really?