I am not such an argument maker. I tend to back off rather quickly when I encounter someone entrenched in their ideas. What I have a hard time dealing with is black and white arguments, because I tend to see things in shades of gray. Many people get all hung up on the gay rights argument (for example) because they see people as either 100% male or 100% female, when in fact, there are many steps in between. If you can't see that, then there is no point in arguing.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/14/2016 11:43 AM, [email protected] wrote:
One thing I love about this list, is the diversity of opinion and the ability to discuss religion and politics without any major flame wars. We can spar but when it gets too serous we back off for the most part. I think most of us respect the beliefs and opinions of those that differ from us. I love to argue. I will even argue the opposite point of what I believe just for the fun of argument. And many times I argue tongue in cheek statements. Always meant to have fun, perhaps inform, never meant to browbeat or proselytize or insult. I hope y’all take it like that. Apologies to those that have make taken me too seriously. I am not ashamed of any of my beliefs, but I respect your right to have yours too. (even though they are wrong... Winking smile )

Reply via email to