(Background: all our SM's are bridged).

For IPoE, we're having to do both SLAAC and DHCPv6-PD towards customers. SLAAC gives their router a global v6 address on their router's WAN port (needed if it's originating any v6 traffic such as DNS proxy, NTP, etc., but no customer LAN traffic is coming from that address whatsoever). We're also advertising the "managed-config" flag, which tells their router to ask for a prefix via DHCPv6-PD. Once our router assigns them the prefix, it installs a route to that prefix (via the customer's WAN link-local address) and the customer's router installs that prefix on it's LAN with SLAAC.

For PPPoE, we just configure that same v6 pool for both the "Remote IPv6 Prefix Pool" (the PPPoE SLAAC equivalent) and the "DHCPv6 PD Pool" (MikroTik speak). In this scenario, each customer router receives a /64 for its LAN and a separate /64 for it's WAN. Once prefixes are assigned, v6 routes are installed by the PPPoE process for each prefix assigned, pointing to that customer's PPPoE iface.

Works the same on Cisco (and others, I assume).

Jesse DuPont

Network Architect
email: jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net
Celerity Networks LLC

Celerity Broadband LLC
Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc

Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband