I would advertise all networks on each connection.

You can Prepend to an extent to help prefer traffic coming back on a certain
connection.  This cannot be prepended to high or some strip it off.  It broke
the internet once by someone putting a really large one…..

If one connection is really bad and the other is really good (to many hops or
very few) you will really only use one most of the time.  BGP will send the
traffic out of the connection that is closer.  If one of the connections goes
out it will stop advertising on that link to the world.  The working connection
will be the only one advertising.

If you are expecting problems I normally filter all traffic to keep things from
flapping on that connection until the work is done.

John Babineaux

System Administrator

REACH4 Communications | Website:  <http://www.reach4com.com/> www.REACH4Com.com

Phone: 337-783-3436 x105 | Email: john.babine...@reach4com.com