or you could just look at the interface and see that the AP says it's
putting out too high of power...

I just checked an AP, and it is perfectly happy to run at too high of power
even though antenna size is set properly and it's set to calculate eirp
limit - the problem is, it is calculating the max EIRP correctly, but it's
using the PtP limits, not the PtMP limits. So for example, if I have it set
to a 15dbi antenna, it is perfectly happy to let me set the tx power at
27dbm, which is 42dbm EIRP (6db over the legal limit for PtMP). On ePMP,
the AP will always use the PtMP limits unless it's specifically set to PtP
mode (which ubnt radios can't really do, since there isn't a PtP only
mode).

I wonder if this might explain some of the issues people are seeing...