I think what they are saying is if you are not currently setup for vlans
per ap, then it probably doesn't make sense, just adds more complexity.  I
see your point to separate traffic down to the Mikrotik so you can torch
local traffic to AP.

So you would have something like this  Mikrotik (Customer Bridge where DHCP
server resides) bridged to vlan which is then tagged through to untagged
port on R6?  This would allow you to monitor ap traffic on a per vlan basis
on the MIkrotik.

Now I feel confused LOL....

Erich Kaiser
North Central Tower