CAF is a very new thing and USAC administers it.

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Reynolds
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:48 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Google fiber going microwave?

CAF? Until recently that was only opened to LECs, and the bar seemed
very low for proving "service" in an area.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:
LECS in the US generally get pretty low interest loans.  And with ROR
regulation you are guaranteed that you can cover your costs.  If your
revenue is deficient then the pooled USF and long distance access charges
are split up according to need.  But no taxes are touched.  Without ROR
regulation there would only be good utilities in cities.

-----Original Message----- From: Paul Stewart