thanks for that… their name sounded familiar and now I know where from – AMS-IX
peering exchange…

Thanks,

Paul

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Roger Timmerman
Sent: August 15, 2016 12:07 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DWDM Gear

We have been using new and old DWDM gear from Adva Optical Networking on a span
from Tremonton to St. George (~400 miles) in Utah with lots of add/drops along
the way and several ROADMs.  We're upgrading to their newer stuff (100G waves),
but a lot of the older stuff (40x 10G) we have in place has been running for 5+
years without any reboot or problems.  They are very cost-competitive but also
a rock-solid platform.  They get my recommendation for an active system.

Roger

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Paul Stewart <p...@paulstewart.org