From: "Paul Stewart" <p...@paulstewart.org>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2016 9:51:05 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Bell Canada deregulating in areas

This is definately having impact on third party providers (TPIA as
referenced)..

Bell has been told that they must provide mandated access to these fiber
networks as part of a ruling fairly recently … along with the access being
opened up, there are separate hearings on disaggregation of wholesale access as
well (which has significant pros/cons all in one)

Forborne basically means no tariffs if I understand correctly … I’m obviously
not a telecom lawyer or pretend to be one :)  It doesn’t mean that they won’t
provide wholesale access to those facilities and one might argue that it
doesn’t mean they will neither …

There’s a number of different proceedings around this ongoing - I find it hard
to follow all of them but if you know the CRTC file number happy to provide
some additional insight/opinion

Paul