Great in theory. I'll believe it when I see it.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 12/10/2016 2:18 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
It's system-wide. The controller is in your NOC. Perhaps one of the SDN technologies could manage the ratios. I'll admit that I haven't done much with OpenDayLight, but something like this fits into it's hype wheelhouse.

Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix><https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange><https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
<https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
*From: *"Bill Prince" <part15...@gmail.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Saturday, December 10, 2016 4:13:38 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] 450m , No News is Good News?

That's OK for maybe one POP. How do you make sure the 6 POPs around you do the same thing?

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 12/10/2016 2:09 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:

    Controller knows system-wide what's up and sends out updates every
    so often to change at a certain time slot. It doesn't have to be
    real-time. Once a minute? Once every five minutes? It doesn't even
    need to be infinitely variable. Maybe there's four to eight
    settings that it goes among? Maybe you mark some devices as
    priority so their needs weighted more greatly, but otherwise if
    half the system is hitting contention in a given direction, move
    up to the next ratio at that next time slot.