I have not heard of shutting off the whole house or using it for disconnects. The only thing I have hear is shedding A/C loads in a rolling manner for 15 minutes at a time.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2017 10:21 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Smartmeter Security question

Supposedly some of the Smartmeters have the ability to turn power on/off
based on grid demand/supply constraints. I don't understand how that
would imply the possibility of an explosion unless the contacts are
seriously undersized. And maybe there are no contacts, perhaps they are
SSRs?

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>