Yeah, then using it for monitoring really sucks in a typical WISP deployment. It might make sense for big corporations who are 'all in' on a single, comprehensive (expensive) platform, but that's definitely not common in the WISP world..

Undoubtedly true. Even if they did....as far as I know the CPE can only have one ACS specified in them. So whatever option you pick, you only get that one. With SNMP I could use one tool for collecting performance data over time (cacti or whatever), a perl script for pushing out some changes, and maybe something like a solar winds toolkit to get some realtime performance data during a support call.

--
Simon Westlake
Email: simon@sonar.software