He probably got the idea from a tower overlooking Brownwood. There is a 500
foot tower there that is that H design. Condemned now due to lack of
maintenance but served well for more than 50 years.

On a slightly different take I am sure most of you have seen those Sabre
SS  towers that have legs that look like Rohn 25 legs.  They are actually
solid rod legs. Vey high load.