Indeed... don't underestimate what can be done with a 2000' range. I can
probably cover a hundred houses with that from the tower next to where I'm
sitting.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Gino A. Villarini <[email protected]> wrote:

> I concur
>
> From: Af <[email protected]> on behalf of Sterling Jacobson <
> [email protected]>
> Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Date: Monday, May 8, 2017 at 4:31 PM
> To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 60Ghz PtMP, Why Doesn't Everyone Have It?
>
> Lots.
>
>
>
> Lots of places.
>
>
>
> I’ve got, and can get fiber up main roads in neighborhoods very easily.
>
>
>
> What costs me is the last mile backbone that winds across streets and
> through ROW in front of houses etc.
>
> That is the majority of my costs right there.
>
>
>
> If I can get in with ‘normal’ wireless pricing per AP/CPE but at 1000Mbps
> I can do the hybrid model easily at much less costs.
>
>
>
> It will be amazing for potential customers at the moment.
>
>
>
> Might not hold up over time as bandwidth needs increase, but provides an
> immediate solution at a fraction of the cost of fiber, with the ‘feel’ of
> fiber.
>
>
>
> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected] <[email protected]>] *On
> Behalf Of *Colin Stanners
> *Sent:* Monday, May 8, 2017 2:29 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 60Ghz PtMP, Why Doesn't Everyone Have It?
>
>
>
> How many places do you want to install a PtMP system that goes a maximum
> of 1000-2000ft distance, that fiber does not work?
>
>
>
>
>
> *Gino A. Villarini*
> President
> Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Sterling Jacobson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Can't Cambium and UBNT and others simply overlay the same radio
> architecture/software they have developed over a decade, on top of a 60GHz
> radio instead of 5Ghz?
>
> Is there some fundamental problem with using the same PHY later protocols
> on 60GHz vs 5GHz?
>
>
>

Reply via email to