From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:58 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Volkswagen engineer

Iceland put 8 or 9 bankers in jail for that exact situation.

It's not clear to me why the bailout here happened the way it did.  It seems
like if the banks failed due to lending money that had no chance of being paid
back, why did the bailout require more money than the value of all the loans?
I'm not well informed on the topic, but the things I heard never added up to a
clear picture.