Yeah, true, there were ways to legally do it before if you really wanted
to. Bbut more to the point, nobody is going to do something like that
anyway, because there's no way that it would be worth the customer backlash
they'd have to deal with.

Nah, nobody is going to have the sense to feel silly about it... they'll
just keep whining for awhile, and then forget about it. Or else, they'll
find something that's completely unrelated that they don't like and blame
it on the lack of NN.