On Saturday, December 16, 2017, <fiber...@mail.com> wrote:

> "Jason McKemie" <j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com> wrote:
> > When I said bandwidth, I was referring more to internet egress.
>   Sure, I get that, but how is that related to the size of the consumer's
> bill, given that bandwidth prices have declined in sync with usage growth?

Bandwidth prices per customer have not really dropped much at all based on
how much more people are using.

> > Then there is more support time associated with streaming usage,
> inflation, etc etc.
>   At the same time the customer base has grown, offsetting any other
> costs. So, tell me again, why should consumers expect a larger bill?

Labor costs, taxes, everything else associated with doing business is more
expensive now.

> > This would also allow the ISP to charge less to the consumer while
> recouping that money behind the scenes from the likes of Netflix -
> > basically the reverse of what they currently do.
>   I don't think the ISPs are wearing the pants in this relationship. Wait
> until Netflix decides to charge the ISPs a carriage fee instead :)

I'm not going to get Netflix to pay me, but Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon are
definitely wearing the pants, and the content providers know it, hence the
huge fight over NN.