" If there was no free lunch, then all the particles in the universe would
have the same laws or random laws. "

This is not true. There is no-free-lunch in everyday application of machine
learning. When one finds out that one type of model performs better than
another type of model (e.g., Bayes vs. Markov chain or Deep NN vs. decision
tree), there is always no free lunch involved. You pick one model that is
good for data set A, the same model is bad for data set B. And these are
real data sets in our real life. No free lunch hits us in daily practice
all the time.

I cover that also in my advanced course on machine learning at Udemy.

Best

Danko

--
Prof. Dr. Danko Nikolić