On Friday, May 03, 2024, at 7:10 PM, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> So when we talk about the intelligence of the universe, we can only really
> measure it's computing power, which we generally correlate with prediction
> power as a measure of intelligence.

The universes overall prediction power should increase, for example with the
rise of intelligent civilizations among galaxies, though physical entropy is
increasingly generated in the universe environment. All these prediction powers
would increase unevenly though they would become increasingly networked via
interstellar communication. A prediction power apex would be different from a
sum and it emerges from biological negentropy and then from synthetic AGI but
physical prediction "power" across the universe implies a sum verses an apex…
if one civilization’s AGI has more prediction capacity or potential.