Dear Mike,

I like your comment about the usual goal post movers. Let me try to make
something similar.

There is this idea that the Turing test is not something you can pass once
and for all. If an AI is not detected as the machine at one point, it does
not guarantee that the AI will not reveal itself at a later point in the
conversation. And then the human observer can say "Gotcha!".

So, there is the idea of "Turing time". How long does it take on average to
reveal that you are talking to AI. There is a difference if it takes 2
sentences, or it takes 100 sentences, or the AI reveals itself once in
three months. So, Turing time may be useful here as a measure of how much
better the newer version of AI is as compared to the older one.

Here is more on Turing time:
https://medium.com/savedroid/is-the-turing-test-still-relevant-how-about-turing-time-d73d472c18f1

Regards,

Danko

Dr. Danko Nikolić
CEO, Robots Go Mental
www.robotsgomental.com
www.danko-nikolic.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/danko-nikolic/
-- I wonder, how is the brain able to generate insight? --