David Clark writes:

>Everyone on this list is quite different.

It would be interesting to see what basic interests and views the members
of
this list hold.  For a few people, published works answer this pretty
clearly but that's not true for most list members.

Hi.  Right now i'm a freshman in college pursuing an electrical engineering
degree with a leaning towards CS.  My interest in AGI started a few years
ago and has recently started to grow rapidly, to the point that I now hope
to enter a career involved in either AGI programming or neural interfacing
work.  I'm still at the stage that i don't know enough to contribute to
mailing lists like this and sl4, but enjoy learning and hope it won't be to
long before I can participate in research and discussions like those that
populate this list.

Elihu Herskovics