On 6/2/07, Samantha  Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would pay a
lot for comp sci papers from a few years from now much less fifty
years out!

I'd pay a fair bit for them - but I'd pay more for screenshots. A good user
interface (by which I mean not so much visual attractiveness, but the
logical model presented to the user) atop kludged internal machinery is
typically worth much more than vice versa.

I bet everyone's thinking right now "well maybe for a word processor, but
not for AI". I'll make a prediction here: while AI will need algorithmic
cleverness yes, it will also depend much more than is currently given credit
on user interface - and I don't mean in the chatbot sense, I mean in terms
of the logic presented to domain experts.