On 08/11/2007, YKY (Yan King Yin) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the input.
>
> There's one perplexing theorem, in the paper about the algorithmic
> complexity of programming, that "the language doesn't matter that much", ie,
> the algorithmic complexity of a program in different languages only differ
> by a constant.  I've heard something similar about the choice of Turing
> machines only affect the Kolmogorov complexity by a constant.  (I'll check
> out the proof of this one later.)

This only works if the languages are are Turing Complete so that they
can append a description of a program that converts from the language
in question to its native one, in front of the non-native program.

Also constant might not mean negligable. 2^^^9 is a constant (where ^
is knuth's up arrow notation).

> But it seems to suggest that the choice of the AGI's KR doesn't matter.  It
> can be logic, neural network, or java?  That's kind of a strange
> conclusion...

Only some neural networks are Turing complete. First order logic
should be, prepositional logic not so much.

 Will Pearson