:-) Then it was also translated into a Gantt chart because I can assure you that I've seen it on far too many walls . . . . :-)

but the point remains . . . .

ON SECOND GLANCE -- the copyright on the Harris cartoon is 2007. I *know* that I've seen the Gantt chart as far back as 1987 or 1986 because it was on the wall on my Program Director's office -- so I suspect that the Gantt chart is the original and Harris's the modification.

----- Original Message ----- From: "BillK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: [agi] What best evidence for fast AI?

On 11/12/07, Mark Waser wrote:
Hmm.  Looks like my joke Gantt chart doesn't have the wide currency here
that I thought that it had. I assume that my previous explanation makes it
clear that we're in agreement.

It wasn't a Gantt chart.

It was a famous (much-referenced) Sidney Harris cartoon:

<http://www.sciencecartoonsplus.com/gallery.htm>

BillK

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;