On Friday 05 September 2008, Terren Suydam wrote:
> So, Mike, is free will:
>
> 1) an illusion based on some kind of unpredictable, complex but
> *deterministic* interaction of physical components 2) the result of
> probabilistic physics - a *non-deterministic* interaction described
> by something like quantum mechanics 3) the expression of our
> god-given spirit, or some other non-physical mover of physical things

I've already mentioned an alternative on this mailing list that you
haven't included in your question, would you consider it?
http://heybryan.org/free_will.html
^ Just so that I don't have to keep on rewriting it over and over again.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html
irc.freenode.net #hplusroadmap