On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Mike Tintner wrote:
> And how to produce creativity is the central problem of AGI -
> completely unsolved.  So maybe a new approach/paradigm is worth at
> least considering rather than more of the same? I'm not aware of a
> single idea from any AGI-er past or present that directly addresses
> that problem - are you?

Mike, one of the big problems in computer science is the prediction of
genotypes from phenotypes in general problem spaces. So far, from what
I've learned, we haven't a way to "guarantee" that a resulting process
is going to be creative. So it's not going to be "solved" per-se in the
traditional sense of "hey look, here's a foolproof equivalency of
creativity." I truly hope I am wrong. This is a good way to be wrong
about the whole thing, I must admit.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html