Dr. Matthias Heger wrote:

*Ben G wrote*

*>>>*
Well, for the purpose of creating the first human-level AGI, it seems important **to** wire in humanlike bias about space and time ... this will greatly ease the task of teaching the system to use our language and communicate with us effectively...

But I agree that not **all** AGIs should have this inbuilt biasing ... for instance an AGI hooked directly to quantum microworld sensors could become a kind of "quantum mind" with a totally different intuition for the physical world than we have...
<<<

Ok. But then I have again a different understanding of the G in AGI. The “quantum mind” should be more general than the human level AGI.

But since the human level AGI is difficult enough, we should build it first.

After that, for AGI 2.0, I propose the goal to build a quantum mind. ;-)

I feel that an AI with quantum level biases would be less general. It would be drastically handicapped when dealing with the middle level, which is where most of living is centered. Certainly an AGI should have modules which can more or less directly handle quantum events, but I would predict that those would not be as heavily used as the ones that deal with the mid level. We (usually) use temperature rather then molecule speeds for very good reasons.