>> But, by the time she overcame every other issue in the way of really
>> understanding science, her natural lifespan would have long been overspent...

You know, this is a *really* interesting point.  Effectively what you're saying
(I believe) is that the difficulty isn't in learning but in UNLEARNING
incorrect things that actively prevent you (via conflict) from learning correct
things.  Is this a fair interpretation?

It's also particularly interesting when you compare it to information theory
where the sole cost is in erasing a bit, not in setting it.