Matthias: AGI must be able to discover regularities of all kind in all
domains.
If you can find a single domain where your AGI fails, it is no AGI.

General Intelligence is the ability to cross over from one domain into
*another*  - to a) independently learn new, additional domains and b) to make
*new* connections between domains (as in analogy, metaphor, creativity etc. ) .
(Another way of describing this is "general adaptivity.")

General Intelligence is about discovering IRREGULAR connections. It has
absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with regularities or single domains.There
is nothing regular about any analogy or metaphor or creative discovery or
example of resourcefulness - for example, seeing an atom as a solar system, or
a heart as a pump, or a benzene molecule as a snake, or indeed seeing a
chess-piece as a "castle" or a "king/queen," or a chessboard as a battlefield.
There is no regular/logical/mathematical connection involved whatsoever - such
connections are the ANTITHESIS of creativity and general intelligence, which
demand *rule-breaking* not  rule-following.

Creating an AGI is a *creative* challenge - in talking about chess, you seem
hellbent   on avoiding that challenge - and avoiding discussing it..I think we
need a term for such behaviour which characterises the vast majority of people
in AGI -  they are "creatively challenged."

P.S. Perhaps it would be helpful if we compiled a booklist on the subject of
*fear of creativity*. The first one I think of offhand is "Conceptual
Blockbusting." You might also look at De Bono and his use of the word Po to
overcome such fears. Anyone think of any more?