To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:21 PM
Subject: AIXI (was Re: [agi] If your AGI can't learn to play chess it is no AGI)

--- On Sat, 10/25/08, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ummm.  It seems like you were/are saying then that because
AIXI makes an
assumption limiting it's own applicability/proof (that
it requires that the
environment be computable) and because AIXI can make some
valid conclusions,
that that "suggests" that AIXI's limiting
assumptions are true of the
universe.  That simply doesn't work, dude, unless you
have a very loose
inductive-type definition of "suggests" that is
more suited for inference
control than anything like a logical proof.

I am arguing by induction, not deduction:

If the universe is computable, then Occam's Razor holds.
Occam's Razor holds.
Therefore the universe is computable.

Of course, I have proved no such thing.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]