On Thu, 2023-11-16 at 22:02 -0500, Janet Cobb via agora-business wrote:
> [Oops we forgot to get Royal Assent last time.]
>
> I issue a Cabinet Order of Manifesto, distributing the proposal in the
> Proposal Pool with title "Celebration!" that I most recently submitted,
> removing it from the Proposal Pool and initiating a referendum on it.
> For this decision, the vote collector is the Assessor, the quorum is 3,
> the voting method is AI-majority, and the valid options are FOR and
> AGAINST (PRESENT is also a valid vote, as are conditional votes).
>
> For this proposal, the class is Democratic. Other attributes of the
> proposal are as follows:
>
> Title: Celebration!
> Author: Janet
> Coauthors:
> Adoption index: 3.0
>
> {
>
> Enact a new Rule with power 3, title "Dictatorship", and text as follows:
> {
> Janet, acting as emself, CAN proclaim by announcement, specifying a
> published document as being the Decree. When e does so, the Decree's
> power is set to the power of this rule, then it takes effect, then its
> power is set to 0.
>
> When a Decree takes effect, the Decree applies the changes
> that it specifies in its text, except as prohibited by other
> rules. Unless otherwise specified by the text, the effects are
> applied in the order they appear in the text. Clearly marked
> comments are ignored. If the Decree cannot make some changes it
> specifies, that does not preclude the other changes from taking
> place.
>
> A document CANNOT become a Decree except as specified in this Rule. A
> Decree CANNOT take effect except as specified in this Rule.
> }
>
> }

For each referendum initiated today, I vote AGAINST on that referendum.
(If Janet has a way to force this through, I'd like to see it:
sometimes a forcethrough attempt ends up passing just on natural votes,
which is really boring compared to seeing a scam in action, and thus
it's a lot more interesting to vote AGAINST rather than FOR when this
sort of thing happens.)

Not coincidentally, I reach for the Sabotage Stone.

--
ais523