On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Alex Smith wrote:
> I think what actually happened is that wins by points became a lot more
> common when I started trying for them; presumably, they would have
> become a lot more common if someone else had started trying for them,
> too.

I think after all this time it's not the points rules per se but the
partnership/contest/shell corporation rules are still profligate and
subject to scamming in ways that are fundamentally (to me) uninteresting.

Of course, I don't expect yet another root/Goethe proposal to dissolve the
things will pass.  One day.

But I mean, if a "scam" is just "look, I have an VI-1 of voters who don't
care if this passes and will give me a win/patent title for a few VCs"
it's just not that clever.  There's a million ways to get a win from an
AI-1 proposal, so why is any given one any good or worth fighting more
than "oh e can pass a proposal when no one cares that much"?

-goethe