On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 12:45 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Taral wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> It's 1000 points per week...
> >
> > So points reset every week until it's fixed by a proposal. Problem?
>
> Not really.  (unless you're doing all that trading, massive devaluation?)
> but we might as well get the proposal in now; how many wins do we want to
> award?
>
> Right now I'm really not bothering with Enigma, FRC, werewolf, or any "real"
> contests (e.g. interesting challenges) because, well, where's the award when
> points are so scammable?  That's a loss for Agora IMO [er, not my
> participation
> per se but the attitude).
>
> Winning is too easy right now.  It's boring (again IMO).

Not really, I had two non-scam wins by points in a row (probably with a
scam win by points in between that was careful to put the points totals
back again when it finished); that was via careful attempts to maximise
my points scoring by any means possible. (I'm involved in most of the
interesting contests atm, and I got the points that way.)

I think what actually happened is that wins by points became a lot more
common when I started trying for them; presumably, they would have
become a lot more common if someone else had started trying for them,
too.

--
ais523