On 15/06/13 02:46, Kerim Aydin wrote:

>> the *other* fundamental CFJ waiting to be assigned, the one about
>> whether the gamestate stores a mutable record of history or not.

> This is another thing I keep thinking of the history of; what's the
> history of seeing the "gamestate" as some sort of state-automaton with
> a true platonic state that we're groping to discover (as opposed to
> just adjusting things on the fly as they come, as you would in a board
> game).  I blame B.

This attitude was certainly one I held when we began the game.  I later proposed
a “document-centric” view of things, whereby the state was defined to be
whatever the contents of the document said it was, but with some (unspecified)
means of redress if it was believed that the documents had the “wrong” contents.
 I thought this was more pragmatic/realistic, and, as I recall, Kelly agreed
with me.  The idea didn’t stick.

Michael