On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Michael Norrish
<michael.norr...@nicta.com.au> wrote:
> This attitude was certainly one I held when we began the game.  I later
> proposed
> a “document-centric” view of things, whereby the state was defined to be
> whatever the contents of the document said it was, but with some (unspecified)
> means of redress if it was believed that the documents had the “wrong”
> contents.
>  I thought this was more pragmatic/realistic, and, as I recall, Kelly agreed
> with me.  The idea didn’t stick.
>
> Michael

It did. A number of our reports now use a mechanism to cause them to
be considered true if they go unchallenged for a week. This caused an
amusing situation recently when two self-ratifying reports effectively
disagreed as to whether or not I was a player.

-scshunt