On 11/19/2017 1:20 AM, Aris Merchant wrote:
On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 9:45 PM, Reuben Staley <reuben.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:

What else are you
putting under "and such"?

Nothing, I just wanted to make myself sound smarter.

Where did CFJs go?

Oh, right. CFJs probably should cost something. Minor oversight.

The alternative, which would be more complex and more
interesting, but also more annoying, would be to have each type of
auction run on a different resource.

The beauty of this system is you could do either -- keep everything in bars,
or diversify the currencies.

It has been said that too much freedom is a bad thing. I think that's
true here. We should decide which paradigm we're using now.

Let's just do bars/coins then.

If we aren't minting coins from
metal, I'd suggest representing currency as energy (something we've
done in the past).

It's not a bad idea in theory, but it seems out of place in this very
medieval-type system that I've built up.

Okay, it's late at night here, so everyone try not yell at me too much
if this is insane, but... What if we gradually moved through time?
Basic medieval -> more industry -> circa the world wars -> modern ->
futuristic (although we might skip some of those). I'm too tired to
consider all the implications of this, but it would give an excuse to
periodically change the way we want to run things, or to add more
complexity or whatever. More importantly, it sounds fun.

It could work, in the big picture. It'd be a fun experiment nonetheless.

-Aris

---
http://www.avg.com

--