On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 4:40:39 PM CDT Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
wrote:
> On 5/13/20 5:36 PM, nch via agora-discussion wrote:
> > A couple amendments to this proto idea:
> >
> > Where X = 5 Cards, the player gets 2X. This makes that 5th one especially
> > valuable to the set seeker.
> >
> > Diversify the way they are put into circulation. Victory Points should
> > still be auctioned, but for the others we could tie them to offices.
> > Something like:
> >
> > The Promotor and the Assessor may each, once a week, create a Pending
> > Ticket Card in the possession of any player other than the Promotor or
> > Assessor.
> >
> > The Rulekeepor and the Speaker may each, once a week, create a Extra Vote
> > Card in the possession of any player other than the Rulekeepor or
> > Speaker.
> >
> > The CotC and the Referee may each, once a week, create a Blot-B-Gone Card
> > in the possession of any player other than the CotC or Referee.
>
> There's an easy way to bypass this with zombies. An alternative view is
> that would just make zombies all the more valuable and drive up their
> prices at auction.
>
> --
> Jason Cobb

As fun as that sounds, it'd probably be too powerful in practice. Getting a
zombie would already give you access to all their assets so they'll still be
more valuable in this system. But letting someone just give themselves cards
is a bit much. It might need other restrictions too so it's not purely 'bribe
the officeholder' (unless that sounds fun). Maybe a restriction against giving
it to a player that earned a card that way last week.

Also interested in suggestions for other ways to receive cards. There
shouldn't be too many, because too many different ways will reduce incentive to
trade. But making different cards obtainable in different flavorful ways would
be
a lot of fun.

Here's another one for Victory Points that I think ties favorably into an
existing system:

Once a week, after that week's Honour Roll is published, the player with the
most Honour may reward emself a Victory Point Card.

--
nch