I know that nix has been offended by my 4chan-adjacent way of talking in
the past. If it's about that, I accept the guilt.

But if it's about my political arguments, I don't think that a Fage should
be summoned because of that. In the same way that the US people are heavily
influenced by their own anglosphere and local ideologies, I'm just some guy
who is also heavily influenced by my own local ideologies. We won't always
agree, and I don't mind that.

You can check the Discord's #very-serious-agoran-business for what went
down, but here's my report on what I understand to be, at the moment, nix's
final straw. I believe there may have been some accidental
misinterpretation from nix (some others have pointed it out eg. what I said
in regards to feminism), so I'll go more in depth in what I said and wanted
to argue.

- So I was conversing with Aspen about language

- I brought up the Real Academia Española, which is basically the Spanish
office of Spanish Language for what is officially Actually Spanish
Language. They publish dictionaries and grammar stuff regularly. It's the
closest thing to an objective way to determine what is *correct* Spanish
and what isn't, it's been considered that for years by Spanish schools and
academia and whatnot. And the RAE does not support gender-neutral Spanish
as actual Spanish.

- Then I got a reply from Aspen which I found it to be misguided and
holier-than-thou. I disliked it. But at the end of the day, I really don't
mind. I am OK with them thinking and arguing that way:

"I guess, my point is, there's probably some period of time when (some)
people understand a word but it isn't officialized yet."

"And if people use e, just because it hasn't been officialized, that
doesn't make it *incorrect.*"

- I compared this to Sharia Law, because Aspen's argument seems to imply
that there's some new, 'correct' rule (or at least, 'not incorrect') to
things that other people just haven't caught onto yet. That, it's alright
and 'not incorrect' to use Spivak. Well, I argue that yes, sure, and the
Sharia Law supporters feel similarly, that other nations are misguided and
that Sharia Law in their jurisdiction is 'not incorrect'. To someone who
isn't in the neopronouns/neolanguage camp, it feels like some external
ideology (be it Sharia Law or neopronouns) barging in to claim that they're
correct to some degree and that certain things need to change to a certain
amount to accommodate them. This is related to, but still separate from my
next point, which is more about culture rather than what rules are correct
or not.
- To further illustrate how the current push for neopronouns/neolanguage
isn't natively Spanish but (mostly) orginated in the US as a movement, I
also explained how other things have arrived to Spain by US cultural
export, like modern feminism, and how Spain lagged behind it by 1-2 years
after it got really big in the US. There's truth in the Spanish lover
stereotype where shirtless handsome men on a horse treat doe-eyed women as
helpless children and sweep them off their feet to carry them off - Spain
is extremely sexist (it's very "machista"). Feminism is prevalent in Europe
nowadays and instead of focusing on nourishing and empowering women with
education and employment opportunity like Nordic countries do, Spain
focuses more on victimizing and protecting women and giving them direct
financial aid. I find it babying, in comparison to Nordic countries, but I
get why they do it, because Spain is still very machista. Regardless of if
its good or bad, it's just how the culture here is. In any case, modern
feminism is a foreign-imported idea to Spain. And so neolanguage. Beyond
how interconnected we all are always, both are movements that most heavily
originated in the US and are foreign cultural import to Spain. That was my
point.