(I agree with the other points though. My perspective was/is largely mostly
concerned with the recent context and I suspect that it has a similar
significant influence on others too, because this historical arcana isn't
obvious. Although if the argument ever was 'this is tradition, that's why
it has to stay like this' I'm not for that either regardless.)