On Tuesday 06 January 2004 07:35 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:21 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Before I applied these two patches I had patch the kernel with the patch
> > I found in http://bytesex.org/patches/2.6.0-1/patch-2.6.0-kraxel.gz (I
> > have some probems with bttv module, the patch did not fix them )
>
> This was probably your mistake. I think you might have been
> better off applying this one last and then manually re-apply
> any rejects if you can figure out where they go. I may be way
> off base though. I'm currently running a stock 2.6.0 + bk update
> from kernel.org + bk alsa patch, in that order.

I thought of that and that's why I reinstall the kernel and I patched it with
the patch from kernel.org,  i.e 2.6.0-bk. The problem with that was that the
kernel could not load any module. The reason , I believe, was that the kernel
was 2.6.0-bk but in the /lib/module folder I had only the 2.6.0 folder. How
did you solve this problem?
Anyway, I tried to patch the kernel with the alsa patch and it did not work.
(I was getting the message that I posted in my previous email.)
BTW, to patch the kernel I used    patch --dry-run -p1 -i patch.file

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Vasilis